From the 23rd to the 25th of July, the Center Arts Santa Mònica will once again host the big weekend of Art Photo Bcn, for the first time as a summer appointment for photography in Barcelona. Due to sanitary measures, for the second consecutive year the sample is limited to the Cloister and level 0 spaces, where part of the content will be developed online as well as the open activities can be enjoyed in person. This creates a bridge between the virtual and the physical through the photography exhibition that will be energized with activities and presentations launched in turn in streaming from the online platform that has been open since July 7th.
In Arts Santa Mònica, Las Ramblas 7.
On July 23rd and 24th from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and July 25th from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
What can we see?
A selection of the 12 exhibitors who have been able to participate physically in addition to the sample of the 8 projects selected for the viewings and the guest project Now You See Me Moria as well as the Photobook Supermarket.
Art Photo Bcn is in full swing with all sections of the festival active during the weekend of July 23 to 25 with:
· Fair specialized in photography in the Claustre of the Center Arts Santa Mònica with 20 face-to-face and online exhibitors with the participation of galleries, schools and institutions. Exhibitors: Carles Taché, Artágora, Urban Gallery, Lumínic Gallery, Railowsky Galería, Alalimón, Galería Marisa Marimón, Metro Gallery, FUGA, El Observatorio, Elisava, Can Basté, Pati Llimona, Espai Català-Roca, CC Guinardó, Fiebre Dummy Award y Còpia Lab.
· Exhibition of the guest project Now You See Me Moria on level 0 of the Center Arts Santa Mònica with delivery of the Action Book of the project to representatives of the Barcelona City Council.
· Photobook Supermarket with photobooks, fanzines and magazines represented by the publishers: Blume, Cabeza de Chorlito, Cirkadian, Cuatro Ojos, Dispara, EXIT, Fabulatorio, Fracaso Books, Havaiana Papers, MUGA, Phree, Polen, Socarrel edicions, Vibok, Lindero Libros, Chucherías del Arte, Bubbleclub, Can Grapes, Dalpine, Ediciones Posibles, Kink, La Bibliográfica / Bside Books, Maria Inc., Overlapse, RM, Terranova, Temporal y publicaciones autoeditadas.
· Activities such as talks, round tables and presentations.
· Workshops and training activities with prior registration.
· Portfolio reviews for the 8 projects selected from the open call and failure of the different awards.
· Circuit of 7 exhibitions and activities in different venues in the city with the presence of the authors: Paula Artés, Estela de Castro, Laura Van Severen, Rafael Arocha, Carlos Alba and Eugeni Gay Marín.
Creating bridges between the most current photography, we propose a journey from the face-to-face to the virtual, with access to the content on the digital platform through a QR code.
We wait for you!
© Oskar Alvarado, Where Fireflies Unfold