Call for Exhibitors FairOpen Call until May 22
Fair for a maximum of 20 exhibitors. We propose an event that will bring photographers’ work to the general public in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. For the second consecutive year, the fair will be curated by Vicenç Boned, who will work in the format of a single project per exhibitor, studying each proposal and its suitability to offer an overview of the situation of the photographic medium.
Of particular importance for this tenth edition is the collectors’ programme coordinated by Moritz Neumüller in collaboration with various national and international entities to create a meeting point for collectors, galleries and creators, as well as activities to make public and private collections visible.
The Art Photo Bcn Fair aims at activating the artistic circle and the inclusion of new creative values by bringing the general and specialized public closer to the works of new authors, as well as to those of the professionals that support them. Through every edition the community and the supporters of Art Photo Bcn keep on growing, showing the rooting process of the fair within the artistic ground of the city and its institutions, as well as among the public.
All the activities focus on photography with the aim of showing the importance of this medium in the current artistic production. A fresh and close photography fair that generates a reflection in the public through the pieces of current creators, hoping to make it an inflection point inside the circle. Art Photo Bcn supports the work of current creators and acts as window display for their projects.
The open call for exhibitors addresses both physical and online galleries, as well as institutions and exhibition halls willing to propose a project based on current photography. The projects received will be evaluated by Vicenç Boned as the curator of the fair.
The registration will be carried out through the online form by signing up a maximum of 1 artist for each exhibitor.
The fair includes
A. Presential fair:
From October 26th to 29th, 2022. It will take place in the Disseny Hub Barcelona which will be renovated in order to accommodate a maximum of 20 exhibitors each with a 9 meters lineal space stand.
B. Online fair:
From September 15th to November 30th, 2023. It will take place on the online platform especially created for Art Photo Bcn. The space will be organised in stands in the Viewing Room format with the possibility of direct contact with the exhibitors as well as direct selling through card payment (3% PVP for the transaction cost).
Dynamizing actions of the fair. In the presential format as well as in the virtual one, numerous actions and activities will take place in order to dynamize and attract the public.
– Guided tours of the presential fair for collectors and institutions, fruit of the collaboration with MACBA Foundation, Foto Colectania Foundation and the collectors programm coordinated by Moritz Neumüller.
– Curated section of the online fair with the recommendations of different professionals of the medium.
A growing fair
– A fair of quality. By becoming a curated appointment by invitation, the fair is transformed for a maximum of 20 exhibitors who provide a panoramic view of the photographic medium.
– Range of the event. The online fair opens new ways of working by broadening the physical and temporal barriers, making the visit accessible from every point of view on the planet and breaking up with the temporal limitations.
Apply your proposal
- From July 1th to 25th assembly of the online fair
- From September 15th to November 30th online fair opening
- Wednesday October 25th from 10 am to 9 pm presential fair assembly
- Thursday October 26th from 1 pm to 2 pm press preview
- Thursday October 26th from 5 pm to 9 pm opening
- Friday October 27rd from 11 am to 9 pm fair opening time
- Saturday October 28th from 11 am to 9 pm fair opening time
- Sunday October 29th from 11 am to 7 pm fair opening time
- Sunday October 29th from 7 pm to 9 pm disassembly
- Monday October 30th from 10 am to 6 pm disassembly