The Art Photo Bcn Fair aims at activating the artistic circle and the inclusion of new creative values by bringing the general and specialized public closer to the works of new authors, as well as to those of the professionals that support them. Through every edition the community and the supporters of Art Photo Bcn keep on growing, showing the rooting process of the fair within the artistic ground of the city and its institutions, as well as among the public.
All the activities focus on photography with the aim of showing the importance of this medium in the current artistic production. A fresh and close photography fair that generates a reflection in the public through the pieces of current creators, hoping to make it an inflection point inside the circle. Art Photo Bcn supports the work of current creators and acts as window display for their projects.
This fair format focuses on solo projects, asking each exhibitor to bet on a single author in their sample. The contents of this section will be curated by Vicenç Boned, collector and great connoisseur of the medium. The ninth edition places special emphasis on attracting local collectors and promoting new photography-focused collecting. Create new audiences for a visual reflection on reality.
The open call for exhibitors addresses both physical and online galleries, as well as institutions and exhibition halls willing to propose a project based on current photography. The projects received will be evaluated by Vicenç Boned as the curator of the fair.
The registration will be carried out through the online form by signing up a maximum of 1 artist for each exhibitor.
The fair includes
A. Presential fair:
From September 8th to 11th, 2022. It will take place in the Disseny Hub which will be renovated in order to accommodate a maximum of 12 exhibitors each with a 9 meters lineal space stand.
B. Online fair:
From September 8th to 30th, 2022. It will take place on the online platform especially created for Art Photo Bcn. The space will be organised in stands in the Viewing Room format with the possibility of direct contact with the exhibitors as well as direct selling through card payment (3% PVP for the transaction cost).
Dynamizing actions of the fair. In the presential format as well as in the virtual one, numerous actions and activities will take place in order to dynamize and attract the public.
– Guided tours of the presential fair for collectors and institutions, fruit of the collaboration with MACBA Foundation, Foto Colectania Foundation and Fotoconnexió.
– Curated section of the online fair with the recommendations of different professionals of the medium.
A growing fair
– A fair of quality. By becoming a curated appointment by invitation, the fair is transformed for a maximum of 12 exhibitors who provide a panoramic view of the photographic medium.
– Range of the event. The online fair opens new ways of working by broadening the physical and temporal barriers, making the visit accessible from every point of view on the planet and breaking up with the temporal limitations.
Apply your proposalth
- From July 1th to 25th assembly of the online fair
- From September 8th to 30th online fair opening
- Wednesday September 7th from 10 am to 9 pm presential fair assembly
- Thursday September 8th from 1 pm to 2 pm press preview
- Thursday September 8th from 5 pm to 10 pm inauguration
- Friday July 23rd from 11 am to 10 pm fair opening time
- Saturday September 9th from 11 am to 10 pm fair opening time
- Sunday September 10th from 11 am to 7 pm fair opening time
- Sunday September 11th from 7 pm to 10 pm disassembly
- Monday September 12th from 10 am to 6 pm disassembly