The Art Photo Bcn Fair aims at activating the artistic circle and the inclusion of new creative values by bringing the general and specialized public closer to the works of new authors, as well as to those of the professionals that support them. Through every edition the community and the supporters of Art Photo Bcn keep on growing, showing the rooting process of the fair within the artistic ground of the city and its institutions, as well as among the public.
All the activities focus on photography with the aim of showing the importance of this medium in the current artistic production. A fresh and close photography fair that generates a reflection in the public through the pieces of current creators, hoping to make it an inflection point inside the circle. Art Photo Bcn supports the work of current creators and acts as window display for their projects.
The format of the fair allows exhibitors to take a risk and make their new values known in a space that was deliberately created with this objective. The eighth edition places special emphasis in attracting local collectors and encouraging a new way of collecting focused on photography. Creating new publics for a visual reflection upon reality.
The open call for exhibitors addresses both physical and online galleries, managers and curators as well as institutions and exhibition halls willing to propose a project based on current photography. The projects received will be evaluated by the festival team and the allocations of the spaces will be handed over considering the order of arrival.
The registration will be carried out through the online form by signing up a maximum of 3 artists for each exhibitor and with a registration fee of 200€. Said amount will be discounted by the price of the stand and, in case of not being selected, will be refunded through a bank transfer.
Modalities of participation
A. Presential + online fair 800€ + IVA
B. Online fair 200€ + IVA
A. Presential fair:
From July 23rd to 25th, 2021. It will take place in the Cloister of the Arts Santa Mònica Centre which will be renovated in order to accommodate a maximum of 20 exhibitors each with a 9 meters lineal space stand. The price includes lighting, 30 free entry tickets and the material of dissemination.
B. Online fair:
From July 2nd to 25th, 2021. It will take place on the online platform especially created for Art Photo Bcn. The space will be organised in stands in the Viewing Room format with the possibility of direct contact with the exhibitors as well as direct selling through card payment (3% PVP for the transaction cost).
Dynamizing actions of the fair. In the presential format as well as in the virtual one, numerous actions and activities will take place in order to dynamize and attract the public.
– Guided tours of the presential fair for collectors and institutions, fruit of the collaboration with MACBA Foundation, Foto Colectania Foundation and Soho House Barcelona.
– Curated section of the online fair with the recommendations of different professionals of the medium.
A growing fair
– Number of participants. The number of exhibitors has been growing constantly from the 9 of the first edition to the 20 expected for the presential eighth one.
– Range of the event. The online fair opens new ways of working by broadening the physical and temporal barriers, making the visit accessible from every point of view on the planet and breaking up with the temporal limitations.
Open call until May 26th, 2021
- May 28th last day for the payment of the stand
- From June 10th to 24th assembly of the online fair
- From July 2nd to 25th online fair opening
- Thursday July 22nd from 10 am to 10 pm presential fair assembly
- Friday July 23rd from 11 am to 10 pm press preview
- Friday July 23rd from 8 pm to 10 pm inauguration
- Friday July 23rd from 11 am to 8 pm fair opening time
- Saturday July 24th from 11 am to 10 pm fair opening time
- Sunday July 25th from 11 am to 8 pm fair opening time
- Sunday July 25th from 8 pm to 10 pm disassembly
- Monday July 26th from 10 am to 6 pm disassembly